- orderId: This column has to be be unique - each row of data requires a unique order ID. This can be your internal order number or reference number. ShipNerd, will use this number and input it into a reference field, which will print on the shipping label.
- Receiver Email: Inputting your receiver's email into this field will ensure that they receive a shipping notification and a label when you create your return shipping label.
- Receiver Phone Number: This is a required field.
- Company Name: Optional
- Name: Required
- Address Line 1: Required. This will be the "FROM" address on the return label.
- Address Line 2: Typically used for apartment numbers, buzzer codes, or additional information. This field is optional.
- City / State / Zip / Country / : All of these fields are required.
- Weight: How much does your package weight This is a required field.
- Shipping Dimensions (L, W, H): Inputting shipping dimensions is optional, but keep in mind that any rates estimates you see on ShipNerd can only be as accurate as the information you supply to obtain a quote. Every package you ship gets weighed and measured by the courier, so you would end up getting billed for the courier audited dimensions.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org once you're ready to start importing, and we'll contact you to ensure your account is configured to start shipping.
- Import your CSV file using the "Import CSV" feature on the My Shipments page. Please see the example below of how the CSV file should be formatted.
Once imported, you'll be able to view the data in a structured format for review.
Click "Create Labels" and select a shipping speed to batch generate labels for the entire CSV file.
Once your labels are ready, we will notify you by email, and by a real-time notification in case you're still working on ShipNerd (this could take a minute or so depending on how many labels). You'll receive a link in the notification to download a single PDF file containing all of your labels, as well as information about any failed labels.
All of the shipments in the file will be visible on the My Shipments page with the respective tracking number, and courier information.
Your spreadsheet structure should be formatted like the example below. All fields are required unless otherwise noted.