Let us know as soon as you're aware of a problem and we'll happily assist you with opening an investigation with the courier. Due to account confidentiality, all claims need to be initiated by the ShipNerd account holder.
IMPORTANT! Damage claims must be reported to the courier and filed within 60 days of the delivery date.
In order for ShipNerd to file a claim with a courier, please send an email with the following information to [email protected]
- Damaged merchandise inside the box displayed as it arrived to you.
- Packaging material used (bubble wrap, styrofoam, etc.)
- Damaged item outside of the box.
- A close-up of the shipping label on the box with tracking number visible.
- Two different angles of the outside of the box. One showing the top and 2 sides and another showing the bottom and opposite two side.
- Box Manufacturer’s Certificate (the stamp on the bottom of the box showing it strength limits)
Once the above information is received, ShipNerd will submit a claim with the courier. Claims processing times vary. We will keep you informed along the way should we receive any updates or notifications.
When ShipNerd receives the claim resolution from the courier, you will be notified by email. Claim payments are credited in full to your ShipNerd account.
Each shipment is automatically covered by the couriers for up to $100 but restrictions apply. Please see the respective couriers Terms of Service for their full coverage information.
If you insured the shipment for a higher amount, ShipNerd's support team will advise you on how to proceed with filing a claim directly with our insurance company.